Downtown Indianapolis Mile Square Economic Improvement District (EID) Proposed Governance Structure
The EID will be governed by a board of directors comprised of property owners representing a wide variety of geographic sub-districts and use-types within Downtown. (For a list of initial board members, scroll to the bottom of this page.) Here is the proposed EID board makeup:
Commercial Property Owner Representation:
- Each quadrant of the mile square (refer to Attachment A, Map 1) will be represented by one (1) commercial property owner from the top 20 highest assessed properties and one (1) commercial property owner from the remainder.
- Zone 1 – Bordered by North St., Meridian St., Market St. and West St.
- Zone 2 – Bordered by North St., Meridian St., Market St. and East St.
- Zone 3 – Bordered by Market St., Meridian St., South St. and West St.
- Zone 4 – Bordered by Market St., Meridian St., South St. and East St.
- The eight (8) commercial property owners must include representatives of the following user types: office, retail, hospitality and parking.
Residential Property Owner Representation:
- There will be one (1) residential property owner from each of the three (3) geographic-based residential clusters (refer to Attachment A, Map 2).
- Area 1 – Bordered by North St., East St., New York St. and West St.
- Area 2 – Bordered by New York St., East, St., Ohio St. and West St.
- Area 3 – Bordered by Ohio St., East St., South St. and West St.
At-large Governance Representation:
- One (1) commercial tenant who is not a property owner.
- One (1) commercial property manager who is not a property owner.
- One (1) resident who is not a property owner.
- One (1) representative appointed by the Mayor whose property is within the EID boundaries.
Proposed List of Initial Board Members
While the plan above contemplates that the City-County Council ultimately will appoint up to 15 members of the EID Board, the proposed initial board members of the Mile Square EID, a majority of whom are property owners within the Mile Square EID, are: Isaac Bamgbose, Ken S. Deuser, Dennis Dye, Greg Fennig, Eric Gershman, Greg Henneke, Heather Kestner, Jeff Line, Rick Trimpe, Patrick Tamm and David Lies.